Mr Vinyl is hiring! Reach out if you’d like to work for us!
Last updated: 7 January 2018
Role: Shop Assistant / Packing Operations / Content Assistant
Level: Assistant (perfect for a Gap Year job)
Hours Weekly: 40 hours weekly, flexible times, to fit in on roster with the rest of the team
Pay: R30 p/h starting
Where: Mr Vinyl store, 44 Stanley Avenue, Milpark, Johannesburg
To Start: Immediately
Description: Join the Mr Vinyl team and gain firsthand experience in eCommerce, retail and the music industry.
- Besides general shop assistant duties, operating the till and assisting walk-in customers, your primary focus is on packing operations, and your primary task each day is to prepare and pack orders efficiently and securely. You will also need to liaise with our shipping partners, and will need to keep all shelves filed and sorted, and records cleaned for the content team.
- Your secondary task is to assist the content team. You will be grading records and will be adding new listings (and editing old listings ) on our website, as well as taking photographs of listings.
Requirements: All prospective candidates are required to have:
- A valid matric certificate.
- A young, energetic, positive, hard-working attitude.
- Excellent communication skills
- Good-to-excellent computer knowledge including skills in the Microsoft Office suite, Windows, and a general internet & social media knowledge – we’ll train you in the rest.
- Great taste in music and an interest in and love for vinyl
- Strong love for cats, dogs and little animals. You will be working in an environment that is occasionally interrupted by cats, dogs and other rescued animals in one way or another. If you do not like animals, this job is not appropriate for you at all.
- Send your CV and a half-page cover letter on why you think you’re the right person for the job to email@example.com